Montgomery Irrigation History:
Montgomery Irrigation, under its current ownership, has been in business since 1991. Chris Jacobs started a lawn and landscape business in 1988 and was joined in 1990 by Tim Jacobs. In 1991, Chris and Tim purchased BEEM Irrigation, Inc., (the company’s corporate name) followed by the purchase of Montgomery Irrigation in 1993. At that time, the landscaping business was sold and Chris and Tim focused strictly on irrigation. It has been this focus that has taken Montgomery Irrigation from a 4-man operation in 1991 to 35 year-round associates and many more seasonal associates.
Montgomery Irrigation currently offers irrigation system design, installation, maintenance, repairs, audits, pump installation and service, pond fountain installation and service, landscape lighting installation and service, landscape pond installation and maintenance, and drainage installation and service. Montgomery Irrigation’s success is truly due to its dedicated associates, both to the company and customers as well as to the industry. The company continues to strive for the very best quality and customer service in the industry while also focusing on growth.
Montgomery Irrigation will be recognized as the leader in the irrigation industry in any market in which we work. Through quality product and service, we will continue to grow and prosper in our chosen field. The associates who work with Montgomery Irrigation will be in the top of their class and will always strive to make continual improvements to provide a better product to our clients.
The principles that guide us in our endeavor are:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Family and Friends
- Relationships with Vendors and Subcontractors
What Makes Us Different:
In this day and age all contractors are the same. Right? WRONG! Montgomery Irrigation is focused on the customer. It is not all about numbers. Every company needs to make a profit on a regular basis to survive; but we realize that if we do not provide customers with the absolute best service, then we will not be any different.
We are different.
- Five National Irrigation Association Certified Landscape Irrigation Contractors on staff.
- Four National Irrigation Association Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditors on staff.
- EPA Water Sense Partners on staff.
- Associate Retention:
- The average duration of an irrigation technician with Montgomery Irrigation is 5 years.
- The average duration of a manager with Montgomery irrigation is 9 years.
- Can anyone else say that? Not too many, if any, can.
- Average years experience
- Technician/Foreman-6.5 years
- Manager-14 years
- Combined years experience
- Over 250 combined years of experience. But does this really matter? If a company had 250 associates each with a year of experience is that a good thing? We are not sure why people focus on this. We would refer you back to the average years of experience, which is what we look for as a customer.
- Are we perfect? No, who is? We all know no one is perfect and neither are we. Sure we make mistakes, everyone does. The difference with us is we actually admit when we make a mistake and we correct it. We don’t look for someone else to blame. Whether it is a failed product or an improper installation, it is our fault and we are going to correct it.
- The best response time in the business. Does that mean we can always be there the same day or even the next? No. Any quality contractor is going to have a backlog of work during certain times of the year. In a seasonal business, you just can’t help that.
- Office Staff - Montgomery Irrigation has a full time office staff to take care of your needs. If you call during normal business hours you actually get to talk to someone not leave a message on a machine hoping for a call back.
- Window for Arrival - Do you like it when your local phone company, cable company, or many other service providers tell you they will be there sometime between 8 and 5? We don’t either. We will give you a 2 hour window of when we will be at your property to perform service.
- The best vendors and sub-contractors - Why does this matter? We can’t support our customers if our vendors and sub-contractors don’t support us. We realize the importance of these relationships and also realize it isn’t always about price; it is about reliability and support.
- Training - Montgomery Irrigation provides continual training for our associates, both in-house and through vendor and association education programs available.
- Vehicles and Equipment - Without the proper tools the crews can’t perform their work. If you have a broken wire on your site, how is someone going to find it? Well, lots of people are going to dig up your yard until they find the problem leaving a mess behind. We are going to use wire trackers to locate the problem and only excavate the necessary area to find it. Investing in the right equipment is a huge expense but necessary to do the quality work we are striving for.